Skip to main content

What type of shower is best for a couple who has everything?

woman; question; white woman

Dear Polite One,

My sister is getting married, and I am the Matron of Honor.  She and her boyfriend have been living together for about two years and have pretty much everything they really need.  I want to give her a shower or some sort of get-together, but I really don't know what.  My mother seems to think I should give her a Pantry Shower, but I disagree since she has everything for her kitchen already.  Please help me with this!!

Sis

Dear Sis,

Many are now turning to the 'giftless' shower, where everyone gathers as if it is a traditional shower, but no gifts are exchanged.  The modern woman really doesn't need the extra help setting up her household, plus she will be receiving wedding gifts.  So, this is becoming quite a nice trend. 

Instead of the bride being showered with gifts, she is showered with love and good wishes.  It is very sweet.

Most sincerely,

The Polite One

More by The Polite One

Money-Saving Wedding & Reception Tips

Money-Saving Officiate Tips

Money-Saving Cake Alternatives 

Comments