Skip to main content

Forgot to Include Reception Card!

 Reception Card in Wedding Invitation

On a scale of ‘forgetting to invite your second-grade teacher’ to ‘forgetting to invite your mother,’ forgetting to include a reception card in a wedding invitation is near the middle of the wedding catastrophes.  It’s noticeable but not tragic.  I’m going to try to get this scale balanced right here. 

Dear Polite One,

After mailing my invitations, I realized that I had forgotten to include the reception card.  Guests won't know where to go!  What to do??

Stuffed envelopes

Dear Stuffed Envelopes,

Yikes! This is repairable, but it will take some doing. If yours is a less formal wedding, you could call each person explaining the situation and all details.  Alternately, you can buy blank cards, write an explanation, and include the reception card. This may be costly but is the best choice.

Don't worry.  You'll have this sorted out soon and it will be something you will laugh about for years to come. 

Sincerely,

The Polite One

More from The Polite One

Wedding Invitations: Email, Response Card, Guest Issues

Must I Invite Coworkers & Plus-Ones?

5 tips to Create a No-Electronic Zone for Your Wedding

Comments