Skip to main content

Do I wear nylons with strappy sandals for a fall evening wedding?

 woman with red hair; woman; sexy woman

Dear Polite One,

From what I have read on your site, I should wear a cocktail (little black dress or equivalent) to a fall evening wedding at a golf country club.  Do, I need to wear nylons with my strappy sandals?

Wedding Newbie in Wisconsin

Dear Wedding Newbie in Wisconsin,

Bravo on doing your attire homework!  You are absolutely correct about your attire choice.  Nylons aren't nearly as popular or expected due to our love of sandals. Strappy sandals look splendid with nice dresses, even in the winter.  FYI: It is a faux pas to wear nylons with open-toed shoes.

Sincerely,

The Polite One

More by The Polite One

How to dress for a wedding as "the second wife"?

How to Dress for Formal Wedding in New York?

What to wear to a formal evening wedding in Napa?

Comments